Friday, July 4, 2014

Sea Life Aquarium

Well...I should be proud of myself for blogging 3 times this week!! I'm writing today since it's a day off! Whoo! Thanks America! I can't promise that it will be like this every week but I'm going to try. 

So I had mentioned in the previous post that we paid a visit to the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine this week. I actually have been to this aquarium once before and really liked it. It's not as big as the Dallas World Aquarium and has less halls (no otters or frogs or flamingos or leopard) BUT it is less expensive and you don't have to pay for parking. 

I think Sea Life did a great job catering to small children. Everything was right down to their eye level and only once did I have to pick up Little Lady (2.5) to see something. I felt pretty safe letting them explore since there's almost nothing they can't touch. It's also nice and small so the kids don't get too overwhelmed or exhausted. 

They have a nice sting ray bay in which there's a balcony with glass floor so you can see them swimming below you. Little Lady really enjoyed this. 

They also have lots of nooks where the kids can get a closer view, the kids really liked those.

They have a nice display of Sea Horses and a really cool shark tunnel that's made all up of glass...even the floor! It was really cool! Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of this because at this time Little Bee was throwing a fit and I was trying to keep her form shrieking. 

There's also a really nice turtle tank (?) where they have rescues so that was super neat. I didn't take pictures of that either...oops! 

So there you have it! It was a fun day at a very fun place! The kids really enjoyed it and so did I! It's a good place to go in the summer, since it's indoors and not 183930 degrees. 

 She said "look! It's finding Nemo fish!"

No comments:

Post a Comment