Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Break-without a break

So spring break for the school kids was this past week. Little man is of course then only one out of my 3 that goes school. This week he went out of town with him mom to Cancun. The girls of course have no idea what "spring break" so they didn't care but we took advantage of my friend being off to go on adventures everyday. It was honestly tiring since I'm just now getting over my respiratory virus.

Spring break week my bosses were living with my guy bosses parents, out in the country, because the floors were being done. Anyway so Monday we didn't do much, just hang out in grandmas house. 

Tuesday we (my bff and I) took the girls to the Perot. Seriously if you live in the Dallas area please check this museum out, it really is top notch and worth every penny. I am fortunate that my bosses pay for a yearly family membership. 

Wednesday we ventured out to chuck e cheese...with the rest of the families in the DFW area. The place was packed!! The girls have never gone so I was curious to see how they would do. It honestly wasn't bad, except the girls were terrified of the mouse! So much that little lady wanted to go home. Except for that the girls did awesome and the pizza there is really good! Little bug was a little obsessed, like a little old lady, to the Plinko game. She kept wanting to put coins in the machine, she couldn't get enough! "More peas more" We laughed so hard because in her first try, she won 100 tokens! She of course had no idea what was going on! 


We ended up with 399 tokens and both girls got Frozen tattoos, plastic bracelets, some stickers and some other random trinkets. 

Thursday we had an adventure day in downtown. We started by having brunch at a yummy place called Yolk. My friend and I had this in Chicago and we were so excited to know they were opening one here. 


After Yolk we walked to the Dallas Museum of Art, where we participated in story time. The girls loved it! After the museum we walked to Klyde Warren Park and the girls really enjoyed playing in their tree house and jungle gym type thing. 



We had a cupcake before leaving and the girls napped all the way home.
It was such a fun day! I was so grateful that my friend hung out with us, she is so good with the girls and the girls love her! 


I'm happy to be going back to our normal routine this week.

So how did you spend your spring break?

That's it for now, stay safe! Adios! 






No comments:

Post a Comment