Friday, March 20, 2015

Meals...

...the struggle is real.

Feeding 3 kids is a struggle, I'm not a "real" parent but if saying "stay in your seat!", "take.a.bite.", "you will not get fruit snacks, snacks or dessert if you don't eat" makes you a parent then I am a full certified parent! 

Lately we have been struggling with dinner time. And when I say we I mean me. I feed the kids breakfast and lunch 5 times a week and dinner 4 times a week (this week it was 5). 99% of the time it will only be the girls, since little man is at his moms during the week.

A couple weeks (months?) ago I tweeted and facebooked and I think I might have even asked about it via this blog for help. Help with ideas for meals, I got some good feedback from Facebook but it wasn't much. So I've been trying to make an effort with dinner. Here is the menu for this past week: 

Monday-
Baked meatballs, steamed broccoli, soy sauce to dip the broccoli and plain pasta. 

Tuesday-
Sausage cooked in the crockpot, fruit (apples and blueberries, fruit pouch for little bee because she refuses to eat any kind of veggie or fruit) and brown rice. 

Wednesday- 
Whole wheat pasta with sauce and meatballs, rolls and fruit (mango) 

Thursday-
Beef hot dog, ketchup to dip hot dog, fruit (pineapple and blackberry) and Mac n cheese. 

Today, Friday- 
Plain whole wheat pasta, Dino chicken nuggets, ketchup for nuggets, steamed broccoli and soy sauce to dip broccoli. 

What do you guys think? I'm trying! By Friday my brain hurts! But I'm making an effort! 
Also how cute are those plates!? Target dollar aisle find!  

Any suggestions? What do your kids like eating? Should I try to make veggies a different way?
Like I mentioned above Little bee refuses to eat any kind of veggies or fruit so we resort to those punches. Even though she doesn't eat the veggie or fruit I still put it on her plate.

Also side note, I'm obsessed with these veggies buffalo nuggets. They are seriously da bomb.com! 

I have been eating them for lunch. I wrapped them up in butter lettuce and dip them in some light ranch....delicious! 
P.S don't pay attention to the spring rolls, I was extra hungry today! 

Anyway, the struggle continues...we will see how next week goes!

Stay safe! Adios! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment