Friday, September 5, 2014

Weekday Roundup

Well I hope everyone had a great 3 day weekend and a 4 day work week! Yay! Too bad I'm working 9-5 tomorrow...bummer but it's my fault I should have said no. 

Anyway the kids are doing great! Little bit of a cough and a stomach bug but they are back to normal. 

So now that Little Lady is 3rs old she has some funny things to say! So here is what I'm introducing as the "look who's talking" post. I'm going to try and post these on a weekly basis, the kids are always saying somenfunny stuff! I realized most of these, if not all, are from Little Lady. She's 3 and doing all the talking since Little Bee doesn't talk yet and Little Man is only with us part time. 

*Little Lady sitting in the potty: "Sam! Can you hear my poop coming? I think it's going to be a big one!" 

*Little Lady again sitting in the potty: "I can feel my poop coming, I think it's gonna be my favorite one!" 

*Little Lady as we snuggle on the couch: "hey! Are u wearing a bra?" 
Me: "yes..."
Little Lady: "what's are those called?" *points at my boobs* 
Me: "those are...my....lady parts..." 
Little Lady all excited says: "MY MOMMY HAS LADY PARTS TOO SAM!!" 

*Little Lady when she stepped on her sisters foot: "oh sorry (little lady) I thought you were a rock" 

She says some funny stuff this kid! I need to do a better job in writing down what she says in a journal so that I can remember to blog about it and for her to read when she's older. 

So I had the scare of my life with Little Bee today. She fell down with the stroller...we picked up Little Man from school and Little Lady got stuck in some grass and started to cry and so I put the brake on the stroller and went to help her and next thing I knew the stroller was sideways with Little Lady in it screaming! I felt so bad!!! So besides being upset that she was strapped in she was now upset because she got injured...poor bug!! And the worse part!?!? 2 parents saw it happen!!! So now I feel like a bad human being and a horrible nanny!! I would like to point out that neither of those two parents stepped in and helped, the were probably judging me. 

When I picked up the stroller I was imagining the worst! Bloody face, chipped tooth, big gash on her forehead but thankfully it was just a big red bump! 



Not that makes it any better but it's better than an ER visit. It was really scary! My knees went weak! I carried her the rest of the way home since she was so upset. I iced her sweet little forehead and gave her a paci and her blanket, I think she got over it quickly since she pulled her sisters hair not even 10 mins after we got home. Thankfully my bosses are really understanding people and know accidents happen. I immediately texted my boss to let her know and sent her a pic. After I explained what had happened I told her how awful I felt and her reply was very sweet. It might not seem much but my lady boss isn't much for words. 



 As a nanny you know that's the first thing you do is txt the parents and let then know what happened.  I am so grateful her fall wasn't anything severe but it sure was scary and now I know better, even with the brake on ALWAYS hold the stroller. When I left this afternoon I gave Little Bee hundreds of kisses so help get rid of this nanny guilt! 

Well that was my week, what about you fellow nanny friends? Any funny stories? 

I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend! Stay safe! 

Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment